Most people, especially women and those over 50 years of age, will experience neck pain at some point in their lives.
Some common causes of neck pain are:
- Physical Activity - slouching, painting a ceiling, or sleeping with your neck flexed.
- Injury - from a fall or auto accident such as whiplash or a stinger or burner from contact playing sports.
- Stress - physical, emotional or chemical stress can affect the frequency and severity of neck pain.
Symptoms of neck pain include:
- General pain - in the neck area accompanied by some stiffness.
- Pain between shoulder blades - that may extend out along the arms or up into the head.
- Tense muscles - in the neck that are sore to the touch.
- Numbness - A prickling or tingling sensation may occur in the arms and fingers.
I would recommend these doctors to anyone. I had been having neck and shoulder pain for 2-3 years without any medical treatment. This was affecting my sleep and my work. Within 1-2 visits with Dr. Gerondale my pain was subsiding and now 1-2 months into treatment I am sleeping better than I have in years and my pain is gone.
Chiropractic care can provide fast, effective neck pain relief! Chiropractic techniques such as gentle, precise spinal adjustments, ultrasound, and cold therapy may be used in conjunction with massage therapy, and nutritional coaching for extended pain management.
Proper treatment depends on the underlying cause of your neck pain. Our experienced, compassionate doctors can provide a free pain assessment to determine the root cause of your back pain and to recommend a natural treatment plan, without drugs or surgery.