Neck pain can occur anywhere in your neck, from the bottom of your head to the top of your shoulders. It can spread to your upper back or arms. It may limit how much you can move your head and neck.
Most people, especially women and those over 50 years of age, will experience neck pain at some point in their lives.
Some common causes of neck pain are:
- Physical Activity - slouching, painting a ceiling, or sleeping with your neck flexed.
- Injury - from a fall or auto accident such as whiplash or a stinger or burner from contact playing sports.
- Stress - physical, emotional or chemical stress can affect the frequency and severity of neck pain.
- Medical Problems - an infection in the neck, narrowing of the spinal canal in the neck, or rheumatoid arthritis.
Symptoms of neck pain include:
- Headaches - caused by tightened muscles and/or misaligned vertabrae in neck and back.
- Knots - muscles may knot up in the neck.
- Stiffness - in the neck area, shoulder, or upper back.
- Pain between shoulder blades - that may extend out along the arms or up into the head.
- Tense muscles - in the neck that are sore to the touch.
- Numbness - a prickling or tingling sensation may occur in the arms and fingers.
- Shooting pain - from your neck down your arm(s).
Chiropractic care can provide fast, effective neck pain relief! Chiropractic techniques such as gentle, precise spinal adjustments, ultrasound, and cold therapy may be used in conjunction with massage therapy, and nutritional counseling for extended pain management.
Proper treatment depends on the underlying cause of your neck pain. Our experienced, compassionate doctors can provide a free pain assessment to determine the root cause of your back pain and to recommend a natural treatment plan, without drugs or surgery.
$59* NEW PATIENT SPECIAL
Initial visit includes: examination, x-rays (if needed), doctor's report of findings.
* Online booking only! When no insurance is billed. Visits billed to insurance are subject to contract rates. Medicare and Medicaid patients not eligible.