Back pain is a common injury that can cause great pain and interfere with the daily functions of your life. Back pain includes lower back pain, middle back pain, upper back pain or low back pain with sciatica. Prior to the sudden onset of a back injury there is generally a pre-existing weakness within the internal structure of the spine. This weakness will then become vulnerable, triggering pain by lifting a heavy object, a sudden, quick movement or sitting in a one position for a long period.
Some common causes of back pain are:
- Bulging & herniated discs - nearly half of all adults have at least one and most do not know it.
- Sprains, strains & spasms - occurs most often in athletes and those who overdo their activity.
- Misaligned vertebrae - due to an accident, improper lifting, alcohol, or long periods of sitting.
- Stress - can create chronic muscle tension and poor posture.
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Persistent aching or stiffness anywhere along your spine, from the base of the neck to the hips.
- Sharp, localized pain in the neck, upper back, or lower back -- especially after lifting heavy objects or engaging in other strenuous activity.
- Chronic ache in the middle or lower back, especially after sitting or standing for extended periods.
- Radiating pain - that extends from the low back to the buttock, down the back of the thigh, and into the calf and toes.
- Inability to stand straight without having severe muscle spasms in the low back.
Chiropractic care can provide fast, effective back pain relief! Chiropractic techniques such as gentle, precise spinal adjustments, ultrasound, and cold therapy may be used in conjunction with massage therapy and nutritional counseling for extended pain management.
Proper treatment depends on the underlying cause of your back pain. Our experienced, compassionate doctors can provide a free pain assessment to determine the root cause of your back pain and to recommend a natural treatment plan, without drugs or surgery.
$59* NEW PATIENT SPECIAL
New patients get a spinal examination, x-rays (if needed), and computerized diagnostic scan for only $59* when you book online! * When no insurance is billed. Visits billed to insurance are subject to contract rates. Medicare and Medicaid patients not eligible.